Garden Talks: When to Harvest – When is it Ready to Pick?
Learn how to plan and improve your garden from the experts.
Each vegetable has its own way of telling you that it's ready to eat. Learn when to harvest for prime eating.
Wednesday night garden talks are presented by the Arlington Food Assistance Center's (AFAC) Plot Against Hunger Program and the Master Gardners of Northern Virginia. For more information, contact AFAC at 703-845-8486
All talks are held on the patio next to the AFAC demonstation garden, unless otherwise indicated.
- August 8: Vegetables for Fall and Winter Harvest
- August 15: The Joy of Pickles and Sauces from the Garden
- August 22: Cover Crops for Healthy Soil.
- August 29: NO GARDEN TALK.
- September 5: Making Teas and Using Herbs from Your Garden
- September 12: Fruit Trees for the Landscape
- September 19: Lasagna Gardening
- September 26: International Flavors from the Gardens
- October 3: Growing Season Extension and Winter Sowing
- October 10: Harvest Celebration.