Learn how to plan and improve your garden from the experts.
The height of the growing season means opportunities to capture summer flavors with quick pickles and sauces! Local gardners share their favorite recipes.
Wednesday night garden talks are presented by the Arlington Food Assistance Center's (AFAC) Plot Against Hunger Program and the Master Gardners of Northern Virginia. For more information, contact AFAC at 703-845-8486
All talks are held on the patio next to the AFAC demonstation garden, unless otherwise indicated.
- August 22: Cover Crops for Healthy Soil.
- August 29: NO GARDEN TALK.
- September 5: Making Teas and Using Herbs from Your Garden
- September 12: Fruit Trees for the Landscape
- September 19: Lasagna Gardening
- September 26: International Flavors from the Gardens
- October 3: Growing Season Extension and Winter Sowing
- October 10: Harvest Celebration.