Love is Love LGBTQIA+ Book Club: "A Lady for a Duke"
Join us for a fun discussion of LGBTQIA+ themed books!
Our bookclub features a monthly group reading selection, but discussion of other titles is welcome!
The group meets in the Wilson Room of Central Library, as well as online.
Registration required. If you plan to attend virtually, register to receive the Zoom link. Recommended for adults over 18.
This month's selection: A Lady for a Duke by Alexis J. Hall
"When Viola Caroll was presumed dead at Waterloo she took the opportunity to live, at last, as herself. But freedom does not come without a price, and Viola paid for hers with the loss of her wealth, her title, and her closest companion, Justin de Vere, the Duke of Gracewood. Only when their families reconnect, years after the war, does Viola learn how deep that loss truly was. Shattered without her, Gracewood has retreated so far into grief that Viola barely recognises her old friend in the lonely, brooding man he has become. As Viola strives to bring Gracewood back to himself, fresh desires give new names to old feelings. Feelings that would have been impossible once and may be impossible still, but which Viola cannot deny. Even if they cost her everything, all over again"-- [from the publisher]
2023 Love is Love Booklist:
- Jan. 23: "Another Appalachia: Coming Up Queer and Indian in a Mountain Place" by Neema Avashia
- Feb. 27: "My Government Means to Kill Me" by Rasheed Newson
- Mar. 27: "A Lady for a Duke" by Alexis Hall
- Apr. 24: "Our Wives Under the Sea" by Julia Armfield
- May 22: "Didn't Nobody Give a Shit What Happened to Carlotta" by James Hanniham
- Jun. 26: "We Deserve Monuments" by Jas Hammonds
- Jul. 24: "Just by Looking at Him" by Ryan O'Connell
- Aug. 28: "Mistakes Were Made" by Meryl Weisner
- Sep. 25: "The Town of Babylon" by Alejandro Varela"
- Oct. 23: "Family Outing" by Jessi Hempel
- Nov. 27: "TBD"
- Dec. : Happy Hour Book Swap!
For more information email firstname.lastname@example.org.
For our current policies on masking, please see our Library Operations Update.
- Monday, March 27, 2023 Show more dates
- 7:00pm - 8:00pm
- Wilson Room
- Central Library
- Events for Adults Good for Adults Age 55+
- Book Club
- Arlington Public Library
About Our Events
Arlington County provides accommodations to individuals with disabilities upon request. Please contact us at least five (5) business days in advance.
- Phone: 703-228-5993
- Email: Jberg@arlingtonva.us