A light-hearted, gentle chair yoga class designed to align seated postures with breath.
No experience necessary.
The goal of this gentle, seated class is to reduce stress, cultivate mindfulness, increase body awareness, maintain mobility, and improve flexibility.
- Students are encouraged to look inward, be present, and "go with the flow."
- Class sequences include centering, gentle stretching, and conclude with guided relaxation.
- Pose variations are shared and students are encourged to do what is best for their own bodies as yoga poses are definitely not, "one size fits all."
This gentle chair class is designed for you if you:
- are looking for an introduction to yoga
- are recovering from injury or surgery and are looking for a re-entry point
- experience balance challenges while standing
- have a sedentary job and would like to learn how to incorporate yoga at your desk
- would benefit from learning stress-reduction techniques
Let’s approach yoga, life, and our bodies with fun, compassion, and gratitude.
What to bring:
- Water bottle, towel for under your feet (optional)
- Sense of humor
- Positive vibes!
Instructor: Jackie Marks, Registered Yoga Teacher
Registration required. If you are registered but are unable to attend, we ask that you cancel your registration using the link found in the registration email.
For more information please contact 703-228-6330 or firstname.lastname@example.org
For our current policies on masking please see our Library Operations Update