Garden Talks: Fruits for Your Tastebuds and Landscape
Learn how to plan and improve your garden from the experts
All talks are held on the patio next to the FOUA demonstration garden, unless otherwise indicated.
- July 6: Herbs - Grow for Health & Flavor - There are herbs for all cuisines and growing conditions. Which will you grow? How do you grow them? Where do they fit in amongst your vegetables?
- July 13: Weeds 101 - Keep Them at Bay - What’s a weed? Learn to identify and how to control those weeds.
- July 20: Top 10 Vegetable Diseases- Our area’s hot, humid summers make vegetables vulnerable to diseases. Learn how to control their occurrence and spread.
- July 27: Vegetables for Fall & Winter Harvest - You can grow vegetables nearly year-round. Learn what to plant to enjoy this fall, and even through to the spring.
- August 3: Preserve Your Harvest - Canning, freezing, and other food preservation methods to enjoy your garden riches year-round. Learn the best, safest ways to preserve the flavor and nutrition.
- August 10: Soil Nature's Way - Build and enrich your soil via garden waste management! Composting, lasagna gardening and other techniques for your best garden ever.
- August 17: Mushrooms - Crow Your Own! - How to grow mushrooms on logs, an easy way to have your own delicious mushrooms for your table.
- August 24: Microgreens for Your Indoor Garden - How and what to grow for easy, nutritious microgreens all winter long.
- August 31: NO GARDEN TALK
- September 7: Fruits for Your Tastebuds and Landscape - Gain years of delicious enjoyment with fruits that grow well in our area.
- September 14: Extend Your Growing Season - Protect your crops from the chill with hot caps, cold frames, row covers and other techniques. Plus learn winter sowing techniques for an early start growing spring seedlings outdoors in milk jugs.
- September 21: Garden Herbs - Making Teas & Using Herbs - Teas and herbs offer many benefits. Learn what your herb garden can offer for enjoyment and health.
- September 28: Cover Crops for Healthy Soil - There are cover crops for all seasons that protect, nurture and add structure to your soil. What to use, when and how? Cover crops will bring your garden to a whole new level.
Registration not required.
For more information, contact FOUA at email@example.com