Escapism Book Club with Author Helena Greer
Join us for a Zoom meeting with Author Helena Greer
Join APL to celebrate the lighter side of literature.
Take an escape with a romance and get to know Helena Greer, author of "A Season of Love", who will join us for a Zoom discussion of her book.
Thanks to her thriving art career, Miriam Blum finally has her decoupaged glitter ducks in a row—until devastating news forces her to a very unwanted family reunion. Her beloved great-aunt Cass has passed and left Miriam part-owner of Carrigan’s, her (ironically) Jewish-run Christmas tree farm. But Miriam’s plans to sit shiva, avoid her parents, then put Carrigan’s in her rearview mirror are spoiled when she learns the business is at risk of going under. To have any chance at turning things around, she’ll need to work with the farm’s grumpy manager—as long as the attraction sparking between them doesn’t set all their trees on fire first. Noelle Northwood wants Miriam Blum gone—even if her ingenious ideas and sensitive soul keep showing Noelle there’s more to Cass’s niece than meets the eye. But saving Carrigan’s requires trust, love, and risking it all—for the chance to make their wildest dreams come true.
Registration required. New members are always welcome. You don't have to read the book to join, but it is encouraged.
Instructions to join the Zoom meeting will be emailed to all registrants.
For more information, call 703-228-6545.
We are reading:
- Jan. 12: "Duke, Actually" by Jenny Holiday
- Feb. 9: "The Donut Trap" by Julie Tieu
- Mar. 9: "The Fastest Way to Fall" by Denise Williams
- Apr. 13: "Donut Fall in Love" by Jackie Lau
- May 11: "Ramon and Julieta" by Alana Quintana Albertson
- Jun. 8: "Kamila Knows Best" by Farah Heron
- Jul. 13: "Not the Witch You Wed" by April Asher
- Aug. 10: "Well Met" by Jen DeLuca
- Sep. 14: "Payback's a Witch" by Lana Harper
- Oct. 12: "The Dating Charade" by Melissa Ferguson
- Nov. 9: "How to Survive a Modern-Day Fairy Tale" by Elle Cruz
- Dec. 14: "A Season of Love" by Helena Greer