Garden Talks: Good Bug! Bad Bugs!
Learn how to plan and improve your garden from the experts.
All talks are held on the patio next to the FOUA demonstration garden, unless otherwise indicated.
- May 4: Plant it Right! - How, when and where to plant your seeds and seedlings so they will happily grow for you.
- May 11: Grow it Vertical – Explore easy-to-build garden structures that will save garden space, provide healthier plants, and bring higher yields
- May 18: Balcony? Patio? Grow it There! – You can grow many herbs and vegetables in containers and enjoy fresh foods. Come learn how this can work for you.
- May 25: Irrigation & Ollas – Learn how to deliver water to the roots where the plant needs it, the most sustainable way to keep your plants hydrated over our long hot summers
- June 1: What Grows Where – Will your vegetables get enough sun? What will grow in lower light? Learn how to select plants for your location
- June 8: Feeding your Vegetables – Just like us, veggies need the right kinds of nutrition at the right time. The types and timing of fertilizers will help you achieve maximum productivity
- June 15: Succession and Companion Planting, Keys to Success - Understanding when to plant, and plant again in the same space will increase your production as the season moves on. And did you know plants have friends that help them thrive? Learn these secrets for happy gardens
- June 22: Good Bugs! Bad Bugs! – They are part of the pattern of nature and thus of growing fresh produce. Learn to recognize insects and encourage beneficials while combating the bad guys
- June 29: Garden Tool Clinic –Simply put, tools that are properly care for are safer, work better and last longer. An experienced farmer will share his tips and techniques
Summer/Fall schedule TBA.
Registration not required.
For more information, contact FOUA at email@example.com