Escapism Book Club: "Not the Witch You Wed"
Join us for a Zoom meeting with Author April Asher
Join APL to celebrate the lighter side of literature.
Take an escape with a romance and get to know April Asher, author of "Not the Witch You Wed", who will join us for a Zoom discussion of her book.
Magic-less witch Violet Maxwell wants nothing to do with alpha wolf shifter Lincoln Thorne―the man who broke her fragile, teenage heart. But when the two of them are forced by arcane Supernatural Laws to find mates, Violet and Lincoln agree to fake-date their way to a fake-mating in order to conjure themselves some time. The joke’s on them. When old feelings make a reappearance―along with Violet’s magic―they both realize there’s nothing fake about their feelings. But there are old secrets and looming threats that could snatch away their happily ever after, again. One thing’s for sure: magic doesn’t make dating and love any easier.
Registration required. New members are always welcome. You don't have to read the book to join, but it is encouraged.
Instructions to join the Zoom meeting will be emailed to all registrants.
We are reading:
- Jan. 12: "Duke, Actually" by Jenny Holiday
- Feb. 9: "The Donut Trap" by Julie Tieu
- Mar. 9: "The Fastest Way to Fall" by Denise Williams
- Apr. 13: "Donut Fall in Love" by Jackie Lau
- May 11: "Ramon and Julieta" by Alana Quintana Albertson
- Jun. 8: "Kamila Knows Best" by Farah Heron
- Jul. 13: "Not the Witch You Wed" by April Asher
- Aug. 10: "Well Met" by Jen DeLuca
- Sep. 21: "Payback's a Witch" by Lana Harper
- Wednesday, July 13, 2022
- 7:00pm - 8:00pm
- Arlington Public Library