Arlington 55+ Book Club: "The Nickel Boys"
Until further notice, this group will meet via Zoom. For the Zoom meeting information, register for the group's email list. Registrants will be sent the Zoom meeting information by email one day before the meeting.
We welcome new members to join us in reading and discussing current literary fiction, historical fiction and some nonfiction titles.
This is a volunteer-run group. The library wil not distribute login information to the group on Zoom, the volunteer who leads the group will email a link to the Zoom meeting.
We are reading:
- Jan. 8: Born a Crime by Trevor Noah
- Feb. 5: Our Souls at Night by Kent Haruf
- Mar. 5: The Fire Next Time by James Baldwin
- Apr. 2: Beartown by Fredrik Backman
- May 7: Longitude by Dava Sobel
- Jun. 4: The Nickel Boys by Colson Whitehead
- Jul. 2: Evicted: Poverty and Profit in the American City by Matthew Desmond
- Aug. 6: The Beekeeper of Aleppo by Christy Lefteri
- Sep. 3: Becoming by Michelle Obama
- Oct. 1: Shanghai Girls by Lisa See
- Nov. 5: Caste: The Origins of our Discontents by Isabel Wilkerson
- Dec. 3: Olive, Again by Elizabeth Strout
This book club is hosted in partnership with the Arlington's Office of Senior Adult Programs. For more information contact Jennifer at firstname.lastname@example.org or 703-228-5960.