Introduction to Foundation Directory Online by CANDID
Are you looking for grants for your nonprofit?
Come learn how to use Foundation Directory Online (FDO), the most comprehensive prospect research tool for fundraisers, with over 189,000+ grantmaker profiles. You will learn how to search for grantmakers who have funded organizations working on causes and with communities similar to those you serve.
NOTE: This class is for nonprofit organizations looking for funding. It is not geared to individuals seeking grants. It is recommend that you take the free 1-hour (on-demend) course, Introduction to Finding Grants, before attending.
Upon completion of this course you should be able to:
- Explain what FDO is
- Identify your needs in preparation for searching for potential grantmakers in FDO
- Research potential grantmakers using a project-based search in FDO
- Evaluate prospects for strong or weak fit using FDO
- Identify the options for accessing FDO
- Access resources for getting help with FDO
This class will provide you with an overview of how to write a standard project proposal to a foundation. It will include:
- The basic elements of a proposal
- The "dos" and "don'ts" of writing and submitting a proposal
- An overview of Candid resources available through Grantspace.com and other platforms
- How to follow up with the foundation, regardless of whether the answer is yes or no.
This event features guest speaker, Susan Shiroma, Senior Librarian & Network Engagement Manager, Northeast. Funding Information Network CANDID.
Registration Required. A Zoom link will be emailed to all registrants the week of the class. If you have any questions or difficulties, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
The Arlington Public Library uses subject matter experts from a variety of sources to provide educational public programs. We do not endorse, suggest or recommend a specific company, product or service.