Panel Discussion: The African American Experience in Arlington
The African American Experience in Arlington: from Freedman’s Village to Alice West Fleet Elementary School
Sponsored by County Board Chair, Libby Garvey, a moderated panel discussion featuring Arlington leaders and citizens.County Board Member Christian Dorsey will moderate the discussion among the panelists and invite questions from the audience. The panelists for this program are:
- Dr. Alfred Taylor, Former President of the Arlington Branch of the NAACP and the 2019 recipient of the William T. Newman, Jr. Spirit of Community Award
- Portia Clark, President of Green Valley Civic Association
- Kitty Clark Stevenson, President of ABLE'N Consulting and Assistant Registrar for the Arlington Virginia Electoral Board
- Joan Mulholland, Civil Rights Activist and founder of the Joan Trumpauer Mulholland Foundation
- Frank Wilson, retired Arlington School Board member
- Barbara Baskerville, longtime Arlington resident and education equality advocate
This event is presented by “Arlington at 100, 1920-2020: Looking Both Ways, a committee of ACG and citizens to celebrate the 100th anniversary of becoming Arlington County.
Registration is required.