Celebrate our Brand New Makerspace!
Join us all day for equipment demonstrations in The Shop, mini Maker workshops for all ages throughout the Library, and speakers in the auditorium.
Mini workshops in the Quincy room will include:
- 12:30-1:30 p.m.: Home Movie Preservation
- 2:00-3:00 p.m.: Bike Tire Jewelry
- 3:30-4:30 p.m.: Drywall repair
Workshop attendance is first come, first served until capacity is reached or supplies run out.
Auditorium presentations will include:
- 1:00 p.m.: "Re-Shaping the Electronic Board Manufacturing Industry: Making It Better, Faster, Smarter"-Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE) featured speaker Andrew Ippoliti, Lead Technical Developer from BotFactory
- 2:00 p.m.: "Bringing Additive Manufacturing Technologies to NASA's Goddard Space Flight Center"-Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE) featured speaker Guru Ramu, Engineer at NASA Goddard Space Flight Center
Kids activities in the Wilson room will include:
- 1:00-2:30 p.m.: Egg Drop Challenge
- 3:00-4:30 p.m.: Make a spinning top
And a Maker storytime in the Rabbit Hole at 10:15 a.m. followed by STEM activities for preschoolers throughout the day!
No registration required; RSVP for event reminder.