Garden Talks: Foraging for Wild Edibles
Learn how to plan and improve your garden from the experts.
Wednesday night garden talks are presented by the Arlington Food Assistance Center's (AFAC) Plot Against Hunger Program and the Master Gardeners of Northern Virginia. For more information, contact AFAC at 703-845-8486
All talks are held on the patio next to the AFAC demonstration garden, unless otherwise indicated.
Our complete schedule is outlined below.
- March 13: Vegetable Garden Design for Success.
- March 20: Intensive Gardening How‐To.
- March 27: Fruit for your Garden.
- April 3: Planning & Planting Your Herb Garden.
- April 10: Balcony and Container Gardening Basics.
- April 17: Vegetable Gardening in the Shade.
- April 24: Vertical Garden Structures and Protection Techniques.
- May 1. Composting and Vermiculture.
- May 8: Irrigation, Rain Barrels, and Sub‐Irrigation Planters
- May 15: Foraging for Wild Edibles.
- May 22: Grow Tomatoes and Peppers for Success.
- May 29: Getting Kids Excited about Healthy Food.
- June 5: How to Grow Squash and Cucurbits.
- June 12: Insects: Pests and Beneficials.
- June 19: Weeds 101 – Keep those Weeds at Bay.
- June 26: Body Techniques for the Garden.
- July 3: NO GARDEN TALK--Happy Independence Day!
- July 10: Top 10 Vegetable Diseases.
- July 17: Vegetables vs. Summer Heat.
- July 24: Mushroom Growing.
- July 31: Preserving the Harvest – Canning and Freezing.
- August 7: Vegetables for Fall and Winter Harvest.
- August 14: Cover Crops for Healthy Soil.
- August 21: Lasagna Gardening.
- August 28: NO GARDEN TALK
- September 4: Making Teas and Using Herbs from Your Garden.
- September 11: Growing Season Extension and Winter Sowing.
- September 18: Permaculture for an Urban Setting.
- September 25: International Flavors from the Garden.
- October 2: Garlic – Growing, History.
- October 9: Growing Microgreens and Sprouts.