Learn how to plan and improve your garden from the experts.
Learn how to build a raised bed. We will be building the bed during this talk.
Wednesday night garden talks are presented by the Arlington Food Assistance Center's (AFAC) Plot Against Hunger Program and the Master Gardners of Northern Virginia. For more information, contact AFAC at 703-845-8486
All talks are held on the patio next to the AFAC demonstation garden, unless otherwise indicated.
- May 30: Top 10 Vegetable Diseases
- June 6: Pollination, Pollinators and Flowers in the Garden
- June 13: Insects: Pests and Beneficials
- June 20: Composting and Vermiculture
- June 27: Mushroom Growing
- July 4: NO GARDEN TALK
- July 11: Surviving the Heat
- July 18: Garden Therapy
- July 25: All About Honey Bees
- August 1: When to Harvest – When is it Ready to Pick?
- August 8: Vegetables for Fall and Winter Harvest
- August 15: The Joy of Pickles and Sauces from the Garden
- August 22: Cover Crops for Healthy Soil.
- August 29: NO GARDEN TALK.
- September 5: Making Teas and Using Herbs from Your Garden
- September 12: Fruit Trees for the Landscape
- September 19: Lasagna Gardening
- September 26: International Flavors from the Gardens
- October 3: Growing Season Extension and Winter Sowing
- October 10: Harvest Celebration.