National Coming Out Day: Side by Side VA Workshop
Support LGBTQIA+ Youth!
Join the library and Side by Side Virginia to learn how to advocate for the LGBTQIA+ community through their presentation "Working with Transgender and Gender Non-Conforming Youth." This informative program will:
• Increase knowledge of identities and terminology related to gender and gender expression.
• Recognize pivotal times in youth development related to gender.
• Identify pronoun use and variations and dispel associated assumptions.
• Practice how to ask about and honor an individual’s pronouns.
• Increase knowledge of the unique mental and behavioral health considerations related to transgender and gender non-conforming youth.
• Explore the congruence process for transgender individuals.
• Articulate ways to practice gender expression inclusivity and support transgender youth in everyday life.
• Identify resources for future support and education.
Free. Grade 6 and up.
RSVP to receive an event reminder email.
For more information email firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com