U.S. Citizenship Class
Prepare for the United States Citizenship Exam.
This class meets in person every Thursday at 6:30 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.
Each class will:
- study the 100 civics questions on the exam
- prepare to take the oral and written portions of the exam in English
- review the process for filling out the Naturalization application
- practice for the Naturalization interview.
Since each class will cover a different section of the exam you may start the class at any time. The exam is divided up into 12 sections. We will begin with the first section and advance in order. They are as follows:
- Early America
- Establishing Independence
- The U.S. Constitution
- U.S. History in the 1800's
- U. S. History since 1900
- Equality and Freedom
- Rights and Responsibilities
- U.S. Geography
- American Symbols and Celebrations
- The Executive Branch
- The Legislative Branch
- The Judicial Branch
Because the oral portion of the exam requires the person being tested to understand the questions being asked and to answer them correctly in English, this class will emphasize spoken English. We will also practice the vocabulary and grammar needed to answer the questions successfully.
For our current policies on masking please see our Library Operations Update
For more information email email@example.com.
- Thursday, May 11, 2023 Show more dates
- 6:30pm - 8:00pm
- Glebe Room
- Central Library
- Events for Adults
- Civics and Goverment Workshop
- Arlington Public Library
About Our Events
Arlington County provides accommodations to individuals with disabilities upon request. Please contact us at least five (5) business days in advance.
- Phone: 703-228-5993
- Email: Jberg@arlingtonva.us