Garden Talks: Edible Landscaping
Learn from the experts how to plant and improve your garden!
Wednesday night garden talks are presented by the Arlington Friends of Urban Agriculture (FOUA's) Plot Against Hunger Program and the Master Gardeners of Northern Virginia. All talks are held on the patio next to the FOUA demonstration garden, unless otherwise indicated.
Free. No Registration Required. Drop in and learn!
For more information call 703-228-5990.
March & April Garden Talks will start at 6:45 pm and take place in the Quincy Room (1st Floor) *except March 15 is in the Bluemont Room (2nd floor)
- Mar. 8: Start Your Veggies Right!
- Mar. 15: *Vegetable Garden Design
- Mar. 22: Tomato Love
- Mar. 29: Water Where It Counts
- Apr. 5: Bees & Beekeeping
- Apr. 12: Edible Landscaping: Imagine a border of lush lettuce with bright red tomateos on lattice work. Gain practical tips and inspiration to make vegetables a beautiful part of your landscape, using small spaces to the best advantage.
- Apr. 19: Growing Top 10 Vegetables
- Apr. 26: Balcony? Patio? You Can Still Grow Your Favorites!
May - August Garden Talks will start at 7:00 pm, outside by the parking lot entrance
- May 3: Herbs for Health & Flavor
- May10: Weeds 101 - Keep Them at Bay
- May 17: Garden Structures & Critter Control
- May 24: Pollinators & Vegetables Go Together
- May 31: Gardening with Kids
- Jun. 7: Fresh Produce for the Table
- Jun 14: Feed your Soil for Happy Vegetables
- Jun. 21: Good Bugs! Bad Bugs!
- Jun. 28: Preventing Vegetable Diseases
- Jul. 5: Garden Safely
- Jul. 12: Creating Habitat in Your Yards and Gardens
- Jul. 19: Growing Food in a Hot Climate
- Jul. 26: Preserve Your Harvest
- Aug. 2: Vegetables for Fall & Winter Harvest
- Aug. 9: Cover Crops for Healthy Soil
- Aug. 16: Extend Your Growing Season
- Aug. 23: Foraging for Wild Edibles
- Aug. 30: Garden Tool Clinic
September Garden Talks will start at 6:30 pm and be held indoors
- Sept. 6: Garden Herbs for Teas, Flavor and Health
- Sept. 13: Fruits for Your Tastebuds and Landscape
- Sept. 20: Microgreens for Your Indoor Garden
- Sept. 27: Garlic - Plant it Now!
- Wednesday, April 12, 2023 Show more dates
- 6:45pm - 7:45pm
- Quincy Room
- Central Library
- Events for Adults Events for High Schoolers Good for Adults Age 55+
- Sustainability and Environment > Garden
- Arlington Public Library
About Our Events
Arlington County provides accommodations to individuals with disabilities upon request. Please contact us at least five (5) business days in advance.
- Phone: 703-228-5993
- Email: Jberg@arlingtonva.us