Shop Class: Introduction to Sewing
In this basic sewing class, learn how to use the Brother CS6000i Sewing Machine.
- Learn how to wind a bobbin and thread the sewing machine
- Learn how to safely use the sewing machine to stitch a straight line
- Sew a simple drawstring bag to take home
All students must complete a Maker Waiver Agreement prior to participating in this class.
Registration required: For Adults and Teens in Grade 6+. If you are registered but are unable to attend, we ask that you cancel your registration using the link found in the registration email.
Depending on the number of registrations, you might be asked to share equipment with another student.
For more information please contact 703-228-7718 or email LIB-Makers@arlingtonva.us.
For our current policies on masking please see our Library Operations Update.
Related LibGuide: The Shop Equipment and Technology by Sarah Campany
- Monday, May 1, 2023 Show more dates
- 6:00pm - 7:30pm
- The Shop
- Central Library
- Good for Adults Age 55+
- Maker > Arts and Crafts Maker > Shop Class Technology > Training
- Arlington Public Library
Instructions on how to sew a drawstring bag can be found here.
About Our Events
Arlington County provides accommodations to individuals with disabilities upon request. Please contact us at least five (5) business days in advance.
- Phone: 703-228-5993
- Email: Jberg@arlingtonva.us