Summer Reading Kick-Off: Edible Books Contest
If You Read It, You Can Bake It
Join us for the Cherrydale Branch Library's mostly annual Edible Book Contest!
Check out some of previous entries for examples and inspiration.
What is an edible book?
- It’s any representation of a book title that is made primarily from edible materials.
- It can look like a book, refer to a character, be a pun on a title etc.
- It can be as fancy as a decorated cake or as simple as a bowl of grapes (The grapes of wrath?)
How does the contest work?
- Deliver your entry to Cherrydale between 10 a.m. to noon on Saturday, June 3.
- Participants, attendees and guest judges vote from 12:00 – 12:45 p.m.
- Awards will be given out at 12:45 p.m.
- Light refreshments will be served!
Competition categories include:
- Best in Show
- Best Entry by an Individual (Children under 12, Teens 13-18, Adults)
- Best Entry by a Family
- Best Entry by a Group
- Viewer’s Choice