Learn How to Plan and Improve Your Garden
Wednesday night garden talks are presented by the Arlington Food Assistance Center's (AFAC) Plot Against Hunger Program and the Arlington County Office of the Virginia Cooperative Extension Service.
All talks are held by the vegetable garden, unless otherwise indicated.
- August 2: Food Preservation. Bumper Crops? Learn how to freeze, can, dehydrate, & ferment so you can savor fresh summer flavors this winter.
- August 9: Vegetables for Fall Planting. Vegetables can be grown nearly year-round in our area. If you didn’t have a chance to plant spring crops, there’s still time to grow and enjoy them now!
- August 16: Managing your Herb Garden. A little mainte-nance can keep your herb garden healthy & productive.
- August 23: Garden Therapy. Gardening is inherently therapeutic. A yoga instructor will teach how to adapt your environment, tools, & gardening methods and use yoga to enhance your time in the garden.
- August 30: No garden talk