Learn How to Plan and Improve Your Garden
Wednesday night garden talks are presented by the Arlington Food Assistance Center's (AFAC) Plot Against Hunger Program and the Arlington County Office of the Virginia Cooperative Extension Service.
All talks are held by the vegetable garden, unless otherwise indicated.
- May 3: Foraging for Wild Edibles. Find edibles in our urban area, by foraging in our wild (and not so wild) areas.
- May 10: Gardening with Your Children (a hands-on session). Bring your children to learn about garden scents, colors, and textures.
- May 17: Weeds 101 —Keep Those Weeds at Bay. Learn how to identify & keep the area’s top ten weeds out of your garden and yard.
- May 24: Garden Structures: Supports, Going Vertical, Rabbit & Deer Control. Lack of space in your yard? Grow things UP with help of garden structures.
- May 31: Top 10 Vegetable Diseases. Our area’s hot & humid summers make vegetables ripe for diseases. Learn how to control disease through simple techniques.