Celebrate National Poetry Month
Explore an array of poetry forms through music, dance and visual arts!
- 12:00 – Arlington's Poet Laureate: Welcome by Katherine E. Young and student poets
- 1:00 – Music and Poetry: Christylez Bacon explores the poetry of hip hop (see photo)
- 2:00 – Dance and Poetry: Indian Dance Educators Association present Poetry in Motion
- 3:00 – Spoken Word and Open Mic: Featuring Busboys & Poets’ Pages Matam and the Shirlington Poetry Hosts with PoetryN.O.W.’s Youth Poets. Sign-up spots will be available!
Throughout the Afternoon:
- Art and Poetry: Make a handmade poetry book inspired by traditions from around the world with Arlington artist Sushmita Mazumdar and Afghan artist Sughra Hussainy
- The Poet Is In: Get a free poem written just for you on the spot by a local poet.
- Spine Label Poetry Contest: Grab books from around the library to make a poem and compete.
- Community Poem: Add your line on the wall.
Light refreshments will also be served.
Sponsored by Arlington Cultural Affairs and Arlington Public Library.