Get creative with Adobe software, Arduino, and more
The Design Station at Arlington Public Library is loaded with software to support our Maker programming and to help you discover and learn new skills.
Software includes many Adobe products, and free software for you to explore.
Design Station software includes:
- Adobe Software -
- Arduino software and kits (in-library use only) - the open-source Arduino Software (IDE) makes it easy to write code and upload it to Arduino boards which are able to read inputs - a light on a sensor, a finger on a button, or a Twitter message - and turn it into an output - activating a motor, turning on an LED, publishing something online.
- GIMP (GNU Image Manipulation Program) - for photo retouching, image composition and image authoring.
- Blender - 3-D creation suite that supports the entirety of the 3D pipeline—modeling, rigging, animation, simulation, rendering, compositing and motion tracking, as well as video editing and game creation.
- Scratch - program your own interactive stories, games, and animations — and share your creations with others in the online community.
- SketchUp - 3-D modeling computer assistant design (CAD) for programming, diagramming, design development, detailing, documentation, and more.
Need help learning this software? Visit Lynda.com for training courses and instructional videos. Free with your library card.